Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Well I have now come upon another circumstance that I cannot control and I need to raise up. Kevin has left his job after some very hard contemplation. He was in a place that he just could not support the decisions that were being made. I love him so much for staying true to himself, and standing up for his morals. We both know that it was the right decision, but it still comes at a very difficult time. He is such a wonderful person and has so many amazing qualities to offer, and I just need to trust that God will lead him in the right direction.
Even though I know that this is what I should be doing, its difficult not to freak out. Freak out about bills and our now one income family, freak out about all of the weddings that we are attending this summer and the funds to support that, and lastly freak out about the $$ for our own wedding. Woah Meghan, breathe...
I needed to get all of that out. I also need to let it all go. Please Lord help me to trust in you and know that you never give us more than we can handle.
On a lighter note-is anyone else ready for the holiday weekend?!?!?!
Do you remember these?! Even though I no longer can partake in summer vacations like the good ol' days, this special treat definitely helped to jog my memory of how awsome it was to be a kid :)
P.S. And the best part...it was only 100 calories! You can't beat that!
Thursday, May 13, 2010
- Well, I started the amazing new job that I previously posted about. And then, three weeks later...they offered me a promotion at another one of their properties. To say that things have been a little crazy for me lately would be the biggest understatement of my life! I was just getting into the routine of my new position when BAM, time to start training all over again lol. It's a wonderful opportunity and I truly am thankful. Its the position I was hoping to get in 2 years...not expecting it in 3 weeks. Here's hoping I can pull it off!
- I've been gearing up for wedding season! If I thought last summer was busy with events, that was childs play compared to this year. We have 7 weddings this summer. Yes, 7! And don't forget about all of the bridal showers and bachelorette parties that go along with those! Three words will sum up my 2010 summer: Hectic, Fabulous, & Expen$ive lol. I've already attended two bridal showers and will be attending the first wedding next weekend!
- Along with wedding season, I had a friend who asked that I make some clutches for her bridal party. Her wedding is next weekend, and I'm really hoping that her girls like them. I'll make sure to post pics of what they look like!
- K and I have been spending lots of time with our families. I cannot get over how big my niece has gotten! It's insane how much babies grow within their first few years. I was looking at pictures of her last night at this time last year and its mind blowing. She was a baby then, she is most definitely a toddler now. My favorite thing in the entire world is hearing her call me "M". Love, love, love it!!!
- Turning 24! For some reason 22 & 23 were really hard ages for me to swallow. They sounded so "adult" in my mind and I still wanted to be living the fun college life! I'm very glad to say that turning 24 was exactly the opposite. I was ready for 24. So many things changed in my life during 23 that I was prepared for the next step in my life. I now feel like a true adult and I'm ready to recognize that! Cheers to the next year!