Monday, August 29, 2011
I've been doing some research on cleanses lately and I think I have decided to give it a go. I'm going to try out the master cleanse, aka the lemonade cleanse. I'm sure that you have all heard of it before. I'm planning on trying it out for 7 days. Let's be honest though, if I make it past 4 I will consider it a success :)
I've been feeling incredibly lethargic and run-down so I need something to restart my system. I want to start this season fresh, giving my body plenty of time to gear up for cold/flu season.
If any of you have either done a cleanse or this cleanse in particular, I would LOVE to hear your thoughts! I've heard that the first three days are the most difficult, but I would be grateful to hear any other words of wisdom that you may have. Please dish ladies!!
Friday, August 26, 2011
Monday, August 22, 2011
Ideas and more inspiration would be greatly appreciated ladies! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Sunday, August 21, 2011
Just me? Okay, great.
Anyways...I gave myself one year to be selfish and reckless. I think I did a pretty good job of that. For the most part, I did what I wanted and had a great time doing so. I will forever be a planner deep down though and need to know where this whole thing is going. I'm trying to take the time this fall to lay some foundations for my future. To most people these actions will seem pretty trivial, but hey I'm the one living this life over here.
- I really want my apartment to be a place that I am proud of. I love gawking at amazing interior design and would love to have a home that reflects who I am.
- I want to take the time to take care of myself. I've worked like crazy this summer and my health has definitely been placed on the back burner. (More like in a tupperware in the way back forgotten corner of the fridge to be exact). Time to really invest in my well being.
- $avings...enough said.
- I want to work on the relationships in my life. It's easy to take these for granted when schedules get hectic, but I want the people in my life to know how much they mean to me. I am truly blessed to be surrounded with amazing people and I want to nurture those friendships.
So there you have it, my bucket list for fall. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.
Its funny how your goals can change so much over the years. I've really enjoyed sinking into my mid-twenties and really wouldn't trade this time for anything. Just a few years ago I would have been packing up to go back to college. As much as I loved that time in my life, I'm happy to be where I am now.
Cheers to another year!
Saturday, August 6, 2011
I purchased the 1 1/8" Cognac Ostrich Belt:
I'm definitely eyeing the crab though as my next buckle purchase though!
The belt made it's debut last night when I went on a dinner date. Let's just say everything about the night received rave reviews! Happy shopping ladies!
Thursday, August 4, 2011
A whole year seems like an awful lot to catch you up on, so let's try the cliff notes version shall we?
- Engagement ended- quit job, moved to an island...
- Life dreams semi-fell apart
- Bartended/managed at a mexican cantina
- Learned how to make a MEAN mojito :)
- Met some amazing people
- Found a killer townhouse with my bestie from college
- Have spent the year like we were in college again
- Became an aunt again...then a Godmother
- Learned that I am pretty amazing and I won't settle for anything. Ever again.
I've missed the blog world very much. I've missed the real world very much to be honest. I've been living on an island where reality can seem jaded. I love Martha's Vineyard more than anything and consider this place the safest rehab spot I could have chosen. If you have never been here, you are seriously missing out! (And if you're looking for a vaca, I love house guests!)
It is very strange to be given a second chance at a life that you could have never had. I can't imagine not knowing the people I have met over the past year, or having the experiences that I have had. And it all could of never happened! How insane is that to think about?! I've been given the opportunity to be selfish...and it's amazing.
Everything does happen for a reason. Today I can honestly say that I can't even imagine being married right now. If that was meant to be my life, it would be. I am not going to pretend that it has been easy; but it has certainly been worth it.
I hope to be able to share all of the daily nuances that occur on this Rock with you. Hopefully you all enjoy, and welcome me back with open arms!
I'm raising my glass of Veuve to you ladies...here we go again!