Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Fresh Start

To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance. - Oscar Wilde
Thank you to all of you who have had me in your thoughts over the past few weeks. The opportunity that I was asking for prayers did not end up working out. It was actually my dream job that I was interviewing for. Although I do have the qualifications for a wedding and social events planner, I do not posses the years of experience that many of the other candidates did. Alas, I continue to trudge to work, sit in my cubicle, and front a fake smile. Pity Party- table for 1?
Last night I was absolutely crushed and was overindulging in my depressive self. Though, as I awoke this morning to a new day I thought of all the wonderful things that I do have in my life. I love my fiance, where we live, my family, my friends, etc. So, no more pity party! At least I do have a job to go to everyday and a paycheck to come home with. During the interview process I asked God to guide me in the right direction. Now I just need to trust in him that this was not the opportunity for me and I will find where I am meant to be.
I am working from home today to finish up a big project that I have been working on since August. I'm hoping to feel a huge weight lifted off my shoulders once this is completed and to let out a huge sigh of relief.
I'm hoping that I can spend some time on myself and indulge in my artistic side as well. A dear friend has asked that I make the clutches for her bridesmaids for her wedding in May. I'm hoping to finish the prototype this week for her review. I will keep you all posted!
Happy hump day everyone. I hope that your lives are filled with nothing but wonderful things!

1 comment:

Molly said...

I'm so sorry it didn't work out. But I'm sure something just perfect will find you. Keep your chin up :)