Thursday, August 26, 2010

Ready to Make a Move

1.) Thank you all so much for your kind supportive words over this past week. You have no idea how amazing it is to know that you are not alone in a situation like this.

2.) This is going to take time. Some days will be horrible, others will be okay. I have to accept that time is the only way to make it through this.

3.) I'm ready for a change

A few of you may remember when I almost moved to Martha's Vineyard with my best friend Meaghan a few years ago. It didn't end up happening because I knew the strain that it would cause on my relationship. So I decided to stay in NH and start our life together. I'm finally taking the leap. I haven't been happy in my job for a while and this has made it even worse. I need some time to breath, to be mindless, to have fun. I handed in my letter of resignation on Tuesday and have felt amazing ever since. My last day at work will be September 17th (giving them plenty of time to find a replacement, and guaranteeing that I'm leaving on good terms). That weekend my cousin is getting married in Chatham, MA on the Cape and from there I'll head to the Vineyard.

This is honestly the most spontaneous thing I have ever done! (And to be quite honest, can it even be called spontaneous when I'm planning it out a month in advance? lol) I am a planner and like to know how everything is going to play out. I have no clue what the next few months will hold, and I'm kind of excited for that. It will give Kevin and I the space that we each need to figure out what we want. I told him the other night that if he wants me, he will come to the Vineyard and get me.

I finally joined the big girl world yesterday and upgraded to a blackberry so I will have no excuse not to document all of my ups and downs along the way with you all (we were sharing his laptop so itll take a little while before I purchase a new one for myself).

Excited/nervous/anxious/what the hell am I doing?!/huge weight off my shoulders...'nuff said.

1 comment:

PinkLouLou said...

This is the best thing you can do for yourself. I am so excited for you! I hands down know exactly how you feel. Sometimes you just have to get away, start over, and go somewhere new where you aren't "so and so's ex-fiance"

You are going to be just fine. And I am here if you ever need to talk. I know what it is like to give that beautiful sparkler back.. and to no longer be planning things you always thought you wanted.

You are strong, and you are doing the right thing!
xo