Sunday, August 21, 2011

Vacation Over...Time to Start Living

So it's been a year since all of the shiznaz went down in my life. I'm coming up on my anniversary of moving to this gorgeous island, and it's obviously got me thinking about my life's direction. Do any of you ever feel so overwhelmed and empowered (at the same time) that you can do/be whatever you want in life?

Just me? Okay, great.

Anyways...I gave myself one year to be selfish and reckless. I think I did a pretty good job of that. For the most part, I did what I wanted and had a great time doing so. I will forever be a planner deep down though and need to know where this whole thing is going. I'm trying to take the time this fall to lay some foundations for my future. To most people these actions will seem pretty trivial, but hey I'm the one living this life over here.



  1. I really want my apartment to be a place that I am proud of. I love gawking at amazing interior design and would love to have a home that reflects who I am.

  2. I want to take the time to take care of myself. I've worked like crazy this summer and my health has definitely been placed on the back burner. (More like in a tupperware in the way back forgotten corner of the fridge to be exact). Time to really invest in my well being.

  3. $avings...enough said.

  4. I want to work on the relationships in my life. It's easy to take these for granted when schedules get hectic, but I want the people in my life to know how much they mean to me. I am truly blessed to be surrounded with amazing people and I want to nurture those friendships.

So there you have it, my bucket list for fall. I can do it, I can do it, I can do it.


Its funny how your goals can change so much over the years. I've really enjoyed sinking into my mid-twenties and really wouldn't trade this time for anything. Just a few years ago I would have been packing up to go back to college. As much as I loved that time in my life, I'm happy to be where I am now.


Cheers to another year!

No comments: