Friday, January 20, 2012

Friday Frenzy

I know, I know...no post yesterday. But I have an excuse!

I had a great day off and completely enjoyed every minute of it. I met one of my guy friends and we went for a long walk around downtown. We stopped and got coffees (and some jamo nips haha) and enjoyed the gorgeous day we were blessed with here. And then out of nowhere is started to snow! It was like a moment out of movie. It was gorgeous & sunny with small glittery snow flakes everywhere. Its those moments that make me feel so blessed to live here. To me, there is nothing more beautiful than watching the snowfall over the ocean during the wintertime.

We then stopped in to see my roomate at work and had a few blue moons at the bar. The restaurant group that we work for owns three restaurants on the island and I was transferred to our newest one over the holidays. I love working there, but definitely miss all the fun people I used to work with. I love dropping by and catching up with everyone.

Yesterday concluded with probably one of the best first dates I've ever had. Its obviously something very new so I don't want to jinx anything, but I had so much fun! We actually stayed in and had a casual night. We made waffles together and watched movies. It was such a breath of fresh air to hang out with a normal adult (that can be a rarity with the guys on this island).

Great day all around.

Now I'm off to do lots of laundry, run to the post office & bank, cook, and get ready for work....gotta love crazy Fridays!

No comments: