Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Soooo let's give this thing a whirl

I was reminded over at One Twenty Five that all it takes is 21 days to change/rebuild old & new habits. I've known for years that changing things in your daily routine is a day-by-day process, but it's interesting how easily I can forget this!

I don't believe in New Years resolutions because although they start off with the best intentions, I find myself leaving them by the wayside pretty quickly. Looking at the year as a whole can seem extremely daunting, but breaking it up by segments of 21 days seems pretty doable in my book.

Although I have a laundry list of things I would like to change in my life, I'm starting with two: blogging & cooking. I'm always reading through posts on here, but rarely comment or draft posts of my own. WTF mate? So for 21 days I would like to try and write a post each day and comment on at least one other blog a day as well. (Finger's crossed my life isn't too boring for this goal lol). As far as the cooking...I would like to do just that. Actually cook at home in my own kitchen! Because I work in the restaurant industry, it is so much easier to eat things on the go or at work. And while I am fortunate enough to work at a restaurant that has an amazing menu, I hate seeing everything in my fridge end up in the garbage.

So here we go ladies...

Day 1: Draft personal blog post, check. Comment on another's blog post, check. Cook meals at home, (the day is still early but I have meals planned...so basically check haha).

21 days from now is February 6th...here goes nothin'!

No comments: