Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Why I've been MIA...

I know, I know...I said that I was back for good to blogging on a regular basis, but last week was complete insanity. I have a lot of events that I'll be attending this summer (4 weddings, 2 wedding showers, Taste of the Vineyard...) and of course I will want to look as cute as possible at all of these fabulous outings. Looking at all of the adorable dresses on Lilly, VV, JCrew, etc. got me to thinking that even though my taste is simple, it is VERY expensive. I made a stand and have decided to make all of my own dresses for this summer. So exciting!

I had my first wedding this past weekend and I was really happy with how my dress turned out. I used a white on white patterned fabric for the top and a blue coral print fabric for the skirt section. I had actually started to make another one, but made this one last week for the wedding instead. The difficult part was that although I have a sewing machine, it has decided to just stop working on me. AHHHH! Of course when I actually need it, it goes kaput on me. Sooooo long story short I sewed the entire dress by hand. Hence why I've been so busy! Here are some of my favorite photos from the wedding... (Oh, and did I mention that Kevin was the best man...so I had to look good!)





Can you tell we love to dance??? hahah
Now onto making the next dress!

1 comment:

Red and White Preppy said...

LOVE the pics! You two look positively adorable :)