Wednesday, August 12, 2009

The Ultimate Catch-up/Wedding Ideas Post

** Warning: This is going to be very long, but I'm just bursting with so much to tell you all!!**



I apologize for taking so long to post the details of my very special news, but this past week has been absolute craziness. So here goes:



The proposal: When I got out of zumba (I take it every Monday after work) Kevin was still working on something at the office. So I got home, took a shower and just relaxed. Kevin called on hi way home and said he wanted to get ice cream at our favorite place thats right down the road. So when he got in we jumped in the car and headed over to the Beach Plum. It was such a gorgeous night out so we brought the ice cream back to our apartment and walked across the road to sit on the beach. Talk about a picture perfect setting! It was just about sunset- he couldn't have planned it better if he tried! We were just talking and being our goofy selves when he kept mentioning how much he loved me, and asking me if I really did know that he wanted to spend his life with me. Not expecting anything at all, I was like "Yah, yah. Blah, blah, blah". Kevin then said, "Well you know I want to spend my life with you even though you don't have ring right?"I was like yea, I know, I understand. So he replies, "Well what if you did have a ring?" I looked at hime with complete shock! He then got down on one knee, and the rest is history! :) I was so shocked that I dropped my ice cream right to the ground lol.


I am still in complete shock. I feel so lucky to be marrying my best friend. Kevin is literally everything I ever wanted in a husband, and I cannot wait to spend the rest of our lives together. Plus he picked out the perfect ring! It's the exact ring that I wanted. He even got the band size correct!

Eeek!!! I am still on cloud nine if you couldn't tell lol. Onto the wedding details:



We are planning on a May 2011 wedding on the seacoast where we live. We wanted to have plenty of time to save, thats why we are waiting so long. We both have very large families, and we want to make sure that we will be able to have all of our loved ones with us on our special day. Our colors are light blue, clover green, and white. I am thinking of these for the bridesmaids dressing in light blue:

I want all white flowers throughout the entire affair. I am thinking of this as centerpieces:
I want a cake along these lines:


And I want to wear this necklace with my dress:

As you can tell, I have a lot of things already planned out. I will be giving you a few details each day. I welcome any advise that you may have as well!

Happy Thursday!

2 comments:

Red and White Preppy said...

What a cute proposal :) I love it! And that ring!!!! GORGEOUS :)

Dani said...

That ring is AMZING!!!!

Congrats!