Thursday, August 20, 2009

Vacation Fashion

I realized on my drive into work this morning (yes, into work- no more cold for me!) that I have yet to think about packing for my vacation next week. I also realized that I will have barely anytime to do this. Tonight I am watching my niece, tomorrow we are having friends over for the night after work, Saturday we have a wedding to go to, Sunday straight from the hotel to vacation. Wow, I'm going to need a vacation just from all of our weekend plans!

Over the years I have come to the realization that packing can be both relaxing/stressful at the same time. I start off by grabbing a few things here and there and end up with a pile of clothes that covers the entire top of my queen size bed. Since my family goes on the same vacation every year, you would think that I would have this packing situation down pat. Exactly the opposite actually. We will be staying at a cabin on a beach-front lake so depending on the weather, the items I need to pack have to be somewhat varied. While this is also a vacation of absolute relaxation and comfort, a girl has still gotta look good! Thinking of this brought me to think about Jacqueline Kennedy and her vacation days spent on Cape Cod. Below are a few of my favorite pictures of my ultimate fashion idol. Hopefully these will not only help me with my packing woahs, but yours as well!






Simple, classic, chic. Comfortable yet perfectly styled. LOVE IT!

No comments: