Monday, October 5, 2009

Please don't let this be a bad sign...

I apologize for being so mia lately. Things have been crazy with work and with wedding planning that I haven't had a chance to sit down post any updates. We are still on the search for a reception venue, but there is a place we are going to look at this week. I originally didn't want to have it there because both of my sisters actually had their wedding receptions there. But each of theres were very different and mine will be different as well. And since it has everything that we're looking for, I figured I should stop being so difficult and give it a chance. (I'll let you know how it goes)

I did come up with a cute idea for our save the dates/table numbers/thank you cards though! Since the beginning of planning we've both kept saying over and over again that we just want our wedding to feel like us. Fun yet sophisticated without being too stuffy. A few weeks ago we had come across Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory on tv. Kevin immediately decided that sending out "golden tickets" for our save the dates would be perfect. He thought that it would be a great way for people to realize how great this event will be, and that they should be honored to be invited. Ummmmmm.......no. First of all, neither gold or candy are present anywhere else at our wedding. I could see if maybe we were having a candy bar at the reception it could be cute, but we're not. It would totally end up being one of those random things that doesn't really fit in with anything else. Cute idea, but I just didn't think it would work for us. Instead, I was thinking we could go to a photobooth and take a few fun and goofy pictures (you know the ones that come stacked on top of eachother on a strip?) and either print our save the date info on the back of those, or paste those onto our save the date cards. Then for table numbers we could take black and white photo prints of us through out the years (fun photos) and place them in cool frames on the tables with numbers on the frames. Then for thank you notes, we could have the photographer take a picture of us holding a thank you sign and send those out to our guests. I thought it was a cute way to incorporate 'us' into the wedding and to show people how much fun we have together.

What do you all think?

Also, I went to the JCrew bridal trunk show on Saturday. I love JCrew anyways, but I also LOVE their wedding dress collection. I want to look very simple and elegant on my wedding day (remember Caroline Bessett Kennedy's dress??) and JC has exactly what I'm looking for. Unfortunatly the day did not go as smoothly as I had hoped. To make a long story short I basically blacked out in the dressing room. Talk about embarrassing! Its something that has happened to me and my sisters our whole lives. Randomly our system like shuts down and we blackout/passout. NOT FUN. While I was sitting on the dressing room floor with my head between my knees I just looked up at my mom and said "Mom, I swear-I really do wanna marry Kevin! This isn't me freaking out about the wedding!" My mom is the greatest and just kept saying, "I know Meg, I know". Please don't let that be a bad sign!

No comments: