Sorry I've been slow on the posts this week, but not much has been going on. I found out this morning though that my grandmother-who is my only living grandparent- was admitted to the hospital yesterday afternoon for congestive heart failure. I guess it means that her body was beginning to fill up with liquid, putting a strain on her heart. She's 93 years old and I know that she's put in a really good/long life, but I'm just not ready to see her go. My grandfather (her husband) died when I was in the fourth grade so she's been on her own for quite some time. A couple of months ago she began sorting through her things and started to give them away. I know that she's ready to die, I just don't think that I'm ready for her to. Please keep her in your prayers.
On a much higher note, I am going on quite the excursion tomorrow. I'm going down to Martha's Vineyard! The story as to why is a little long, so hang in there...
My bff got a job down on the Vineyard and really wanted the two of us to move down there together. I already have a job that I have been at for a year, but you all know how that is going. So I decided to try and find something down there. I was all gung-ho about it for a while, but after not hearing back from anywhere decided to give up. I would push through the tension at work and stick it out. Everyone goes through rough times at work and I would just learn to deal with it. Well last Thursday the bff left me a voicemail saying that she had found the perfect job for me and that I absolutely had to go online and check it out. So to I decided I would just take a look at it. Well, it's for an office manager for a performing arts center on the Vineyard. I danced for 15 years of my life and competitively for most of them. I just started back up with a dance team, so being part of running a studio has always been a dream of mine. I figured I would just send in my resume to flatter the bff (even though I probably wouldn't hear back) just to say that I had tried. Friday morning on my way to the beach I got a phone call saying that they wanted me to come in for an interview. You have got to be kidding me! After I finally decided I wasn't going to move, that's when I got a call back. So I was debating whether or not to call back but I decided that I might as well call and find out some information on the position. They probably wouldn't be paying much, so that alone would make my decision a solid 'no'. I ended up talking to the girl for almost 45 minutes. It sounds like such an amazing opportunity-damnit. So towards the end of our conversation I had to ask the question...salary. Well the girl who I was talking to is replacing herself so she wouldn't be able to answer that question for me, I would have to speak to the directors of the studio. All she could say was that they took very good care of her. What is that supposed to mean?!
So they bff and I are heading to the Vineyard in the morning and then probably to the beach for the rest of the day. If it doesn't work out, at least I got a day on Martha's Vineyard and I had a chance to spend some much needed time with my bff. I will definitely let you all know how it goes on Monday!
Have a good weekend ladies!!!